Tuesday, May 25, 2004

My Overkill


I started another new project this weekend and I have to get my head around not
starting new projects until I get somewhere on all the others.  

I've seemingly killed my website --despite paying for a year of
registration.  At least, I hope I only paid for a year... Every time I sit down to look at what needs updating I realize that everything needs updating  and then I'm overwhelmed with the size of the site and put it off for "another day."  Been doing that since last spring at least.  I'm too lazy to even check.

And if that's not bad enough, I've also started a new web project and created about 90+ pages of information in the space of an hour Saturday night/Sunday morning.  As usual, my most productive time on the computer is between Midnight and 3am.  and, yes, my wife doesn't understand why I feel the need to work on things at 3 in the morning... keep reading.

The eBay thing seems to be falling apart --not surprisingly-- again.  Every time I sit down to get some work done, I get the "how long are you going to be on the computer?" from my wife.  Give it a rest already!!  I have stuff I'm late sending out and have to make a cross-border trip **today** to get it out and out of my hair.  I hate being late, but I got nagged for the last 4 days fro trying to go and get it on its way.

The "deck thing" is another new project I've looked into
starting.  The only problem here is the money.  My younger brother-in-law just finished redoing and expanding the deck at his parents' house and I really like it.  One of the things with our house that I've wanted to change for 5 years is our deck.  The previous owners enclosed a good portion of the deck to expand the eating area of the kitchen, but the current deck is big enough for a barbecue and, fortunately, a person to stand and barbecue.  But that's it.  I'd like to extend the deck to the corner of the house and there's a concrete slab underneath so that's taken care of already.  Despite my wife's wishes, it would eliminate the back steps,
but I don't have a problem with that at all.  Having a real deck means having a safe(r) place for the kids to play outside too.  We're looking at roughly $1,000 to do it.  and my brother-in-law moves to Las Vegas this summer so it's now or never.

My art project is also on-hold right now which isn't a surprise for me.  For the past 10 years or so, almost every time I put pencil to paper --even to just quickly sketch out an idea-- I get interrupted and never get back to it.  I've lost more ideas than I've kept.

I've also just clued into it being Tuesday today and not Monday which means I have a rough week ahead of me.  It always works that way.  You miss a day of work and pay for it for the rest of the week.

No comments: