Thursday, May 06, 2004

My Question of the Day Week


...and then there's Sex Caffeine.  Who emailed me a number of times the
day I got back with a subject heading: "Are U Back Yet?"  Hmmm...

One of the nicer things about going away is not having to think at all about any
of the women in my life.  No wife, no 'SC,' no DQ or Whiner.  No one. 
And that suited me just fine.  They're all driving me crazy --each in their
own special way-- and I truly needed to be away (AWAY) from all of them. 
Obviously, DQ called me everyday because she's both useless and hopeless... but
still, I GOT AWAY.

It wasn't a time to reflect on what I need in my life --or what I want in my
life and I'm pretty sure right about now those are two completely different
things.  I didn't have enough time to reflect on those.  They're big
issues and a week off wasn't nearly enough.  the remainder of my holiday
time this summer won't be a time to reflect either as I'll be at home and
definitely NOT alone.  come to think of it.  I'll probably reflect a
lot then as I'm sure people will be driving me crazy then.

Actually, if I keep to My Ultimatum, then I'll probably be quite alone by my
July vacation time...  Not that the week leading up to it's going to be a
cake walk or anything.  SC & I are working on a project together (I
mentioned it a long time back) from July 15-18 and I still dread it a bit. 
I say a bit because I obviously genuinely like her, but I know it's wrong and
obviously causes a lot of tension in my life.  And the last couple of times
we had to work on projects together we got very close to... getting into
trouble.

And while we're on that subject, SC emailed me a number of times the day I got
back.  She's wondering if I'm interested in being her "exercise partner." 
Well, YES I'd love to be her exercise partner 'cuz we'd be working out
together and it'd be nice to have someone to talk to (and she likes the idea of
sneaking in here during off-hours to have the place to ourselves).  That,
and --by God-- she's a hottie and what more could you ask for in an exercise
partner?  Which leads to... NO I don't want to be her exercise
partner 'cuz that's just asking for trouble.  Why?

Because we'd be working out together and it'd be nice to have someone to talk to
(and she likes the idea of sneaking in here during off-hours to have the place
to ourselves).  That, and --by God-- she's a hottie and what more could you
ask for in an exercise partner?

and then she tells me she got her navel pierced.

Why?  Why tell me?  What the Hell am I supposed to say in reply? 
And THAT is my question of the week.  What am I supposed to
respond with?  the devil on my left says "Let's see! Let's see!!"  The
angel on my right says "don't say anything.  Move on Hoser!!"

Dammit.  Life's only getting more complicated.


No comments: