Tuesday, May 04, 2004

My Silence


It's been nearly 3 weeks since I last wrote anything in my blog and it's not
like anything's different.  Maybe that's the point.

I'm bored and again nothing to type or say, really.  I'll grasp at straws
then...

Alberta's gone home to -uh- Alberta.  She'll be back in late August for the
new school year.  I kinda miss her and definitely miss 'Naughty
Thursdays.'  Her last day of work here was April 16th, coincidentally the
last day I wrote here.  I got to see her once before she left and give her
a hug and tell her I'd see her in the Fall.  I don't know if I'll still be
working here by then as I'm waiting to hear about a new (much, much better
paying) job.  It's more in line with what I've been doing here for 6 of my
7 years and quite frankly I'm ready to get back to it.

Last week was a week off for me, but in traditional Co-worker From Hell fashion,
I got 6 phone calls over the week.  They managed to go 51 hours maximum
between phone calls and when I got back, found out they'd done no follow-up to
all the panicked calls I'd received.

So why call me on my holidays?

I've banked the time as overtime which annoyed my boss (because of Drama Queen
calling me....).  My new co-worker has so far not lived up to the hype I've
heard and therefore doesn't fit into the Co-worker From Hell category
here.  That just might mean he sticks around for a while......  I need
a nickname for him and I'm thinking "Juice Tiger."  If you catch
the meaning behind that, congratulations.

So, like I said.  Last week was a week off for me and I was supposed to go
away for the entire week.  Well, it turned into less as my wife was getting
more and more annoyed with the possibility of me going.  I went away
anyway, but not nearly as long as I wanted.  I went up to my parents' place
in the Okanagan and they were in Vancouver, so it worked out to be a total
holiday.  My dad cleaned out the pool just before I left home and I was
looking forward to lazing about the hot tub and pool for a few days.  As it
turned out, though, the night before I got there, there was a big windstorm and
the pool was filled with crap from the trees.  I spent my entire first day
cleaning it out only to have it happen again over night.  Too tired to put
the cover over and I paid dearly for it.  I told my dad that he'd forgotten
to put it on (which was true) and I couldn't be bothered to clean it out (not
true --couldn't be bothered to do it twice).  Alas, I spent the next day
watching hockey and browsing bookstores in nearby towns.  That night, I met
up with an old friend who is now in the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and I got
to go on a "ride-along."  Pretty cool.  I got to meet the 2
hookers in this town of 3,000 people.  They're polar opposites, so it was
kind of funny to meet them both.

I just re-read that and realized it sounds funny.  We had dinner at a
restaurant at a gas station (no donut shops in town) and the hookers were there
to meet some of the truckers.  So, it was a working dinner...

ANYWAY, these 2 hookers were completely opposites.  One was a young, cute
blonde girl --maybe 19 years old and the other was a middle-aged whale of a
woman.  Who'd PAY to sleep with a woman like that?  Ah who cares....

Before I left, my son fell down the stairs.  He only had a small carpet
burn to show for it.  Otherwise, he's fine thanks.

One of the things I was hoping to get done while I was away was a 24-hour
comic.  I'll explain in a later post and hopefully post one too.  I
didn't get one done, but it's a goal for me now.

On my way home, I made a wrong turn and ended up on the wrong highway, but still
going to the city I needed to get to for the toll highway.  I saw one other
vehicle the entire time and sped like a demon nearly the entire way.  I
stopped at a lake about halfway down the highway and shut off the car and
listened to nothing at all.  No cars, no people, no life.  Nada. 
I started the car and as I turned the key I had a frightening thought: 
what if the car didn't start?  I haven't even seen a house in over 20
kilometres....

Upon getting back to work I was in the office for nearly 7 hours before I was
ready to go on holidays again.  My remaining 13 weeks is looking more and
more tempting to just take all at once.  DQ decided to rewrite the schedule
with no input from anyone it affects.  Loser.  She's paying for that
now as she has a deadline on May 6 that she's freaking out about (well, freaking
more than usual) and it'd take me 15 minutes to do.  She's been working on
it for 10 days now...

and then there's Sex Caffeine...

No comments: