Sunday, January 01, 2006

A Theme for New Year's

So, this is it. #500. My five hundredth post since I started this blog just over 2 years ago.

Holy crap. It's been a long time and a lot has happened. A lot has stayed the same too. Not going into detail though.

I do, however, have to come up with a new theme for my 2006 posts and I honestly haven't thought of one yet. Oh dear.

Dreama "sort of" guessed correctly on my 2004 theme. Every post started with "My." I stated it was MY YEAR and therefore every post had a title of MY in it. It's actually from the TV show Scrubs, where (nearly) every episode has been titled 'MY [something].' I don't think I had too many the same, although by December 2004, I'd planned on doing one for each episode title. Didn't work out too well :D

So, I stated there was a theme to the post titles in 2005. I know I made one slip-up along the way, but otherwise, I think I got it pretty good.

They're all songs.

Every post title in 2005 is the name of a song, including this one:
'A Theme For New Year's' is by One Dollar Short:
"Happy New Year
Another ceremony of loneliness
You are the object of my thoughts tonight
You are everything that glitters
You reflect the light in so many ways
I kept my favourite pieces of last year
I pressed them in between pages"
So, what was the big thing I was planning for the 'reveal' of my latest theme? Well, I'd planned on giving each title again as well as who sang the song. Sadly, with sudden computer glitches upon me to "crash" in the new year, I haven't been able to finish it up yet.

So, you're just gonna have to wait....

Thanks to the numerous readers who have stayed with me on this. I always say my "two regular readers," but I've been told there are others. I know Jules and (I think) W. check in from time-to-time and I'm not sure who else is out there reading this right now.

Whatever. Happy New Year to you all!!

2 comments:

Madley said...

Congratulations on your 500 posts and Happy New Year! (and quizzes aren't cheats ;)

And may Santa belatedly bring you a working computer...cbtbsyql

Dreama said...

congrats as well on 500 posts...I am well over 600 now, but then I am not in school anymore...I should have sent that wayward computer your way it sounds!