Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Resolutions 501

From last year's resolutions:
  1. Take this talent and use it. I once was awarded an art scholarship and never used it. I've basically put down the art supplies since then and have felt the urge to draw. Again.
  2. Spend 24 hours on a story. I never did write the 'My 24 hours.' post last year, so I'll have to write about it this year. By April. :-)
  3. Teach my son his first mega-word. My daughter, when she was 2 years old, told people she wanted to be a hematopathologist when she grew up. She said it a friend of mine -a career counsellor- and he had no idea what that was. Now I have to think up a good one for my son...
  4. Land a career by my birthday. Nothing wrong with setting dates for these, right? I'm saying career, because I don't want another job. I want a career, a place where I want to be. That's the second most important lesson I learned this past year. The first was 'have faith.'
  5. Do one thing I've never done before. Be that bungee jumping, climbing, whatever... just to DO something I haven't done means I'll never have to say "I've never..." again.
OK, so 1 - I did take my talent and put it to use --at school. I'm being creative and loving it. Even though it's 10:40pm and I'm writing this on campus (and I'll still be here 6 hours from now --I'll explain later).
2 - A basic story I'd been mulling over in my head has evolved something fierce and is now quite a big story. Some of it's been written out, but definitely not all of it. And that's the fun. Right now, I don't know how it's going to end.
3 - My son knows so many words, I'll just take credit for teaching him some of them at some point. He loves 'Madagascar' and is learning how to sing "I like to move it move it." It's extremely cute.
4 - Um, no. This one didn't happen. I'm on the path to a career, though, and enjoying that, so I'll give myself half-marks on this one.
5 - "I've never had a student loan before." Boy, do I ever have one now!!

Apologies for the sudden lack of postings.... can anyone tell I'm back at school?

And, no, I haven't thought of a theme for this year yet...

No comments: