Friday, January 13, 2006

2 down...

...2 to go.

I have 2 more meetings to go and all my church responsibilities are at an end. Phew! Tuesday night was a finance meeting (I'm head of the board of finance) and last night was a different board meeting where I report on the latest finance things. Some are a little peeved that we've had to make cuts for 2006, but we don't have a choice. In fact, for a non-profit group, we should probably cut like crazy to try and balance our budget instead of continuously trying to meet a budget which has proven to be above the amount of donations coming in.

So, last night when they started complaining about the budget cuts, I asked them if I should balance our budget --and cut another $50,000. It got quiet fast.

I have one more meeting on Monday, with the executive board (where I have a letter of complaint about overspending in 2 areas) and finally a meeting on February 4 where the budget is ratified.

And then all my responsibilities go out the window --around the same time someoneelse is giving a speech on the crisis of leadership amongst the congregation. :D

No comments: