Sunday, January 29, 2006

Almost Weepy

I've never been a big fan of 'a capella' music, but The Blanks performed 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' Tuesday on one of the episodes of Scrubs. It was based on the rendition of Israel Kamakawiwo'ole who did an amazingly beautiful job of singing the song before he died.

Yeah, I might've heard his music once before he died 10 years ago, but something about the way he sang this one, to me, felt like he knew the afterlife would treat him very well indeed.If you get a chance to hear it, I'm sure you'll agree --and it may pull you out of a funk if you're in it.

I like getting out of funks. And, yeah, it choked me up.

2 comments:

Madley said...

Thanks for reminding me of Iz (though I do love the Blanks on Scrubs, but I don't see the show often)... did you ever see the episode of ER where Mark Greene died in his beloved Hawaii?

He died to Iz' rendition of Over the Rainbow... I could not help but weep.

Now about getting out of funks...

Dreama said...

Oh God, I remember that scene, Madley. I am a huge ER fan, having never missed an episode and I own the first four seasons. That was when I first remember hearing it, although I'm, sure I heard it before then. Anyhow, thanks for the memory!