Sunday, January 08, 2006

Stolen Moment

Stealing this from Mad (again).... sorry, sweety. ;)

1. What did you do in 2005 that you’d never done before? Actually put my skills in art to good use

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? See a previous post. I didn't do too badly. I'll, uh, think up some soon.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? 2 friends had babes in 2005. One girl and one boy. BOTH adorabl.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Not anyone close.... my first boss (at the last place I worked, 7 years before the office From Hell) lost his wife in January, though.

5. What countries did you visit? Well, if the U.S. counts when it's less than 20 miles away, then yes. :D

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? A career.

7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? April 4, 2005 -- The day I went back to school.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Probably making it through half of my diploma program and maintaining a very high GPA while doing it.

9. What was your biggest failure? Not finding the proper balance between homework, making money, and family.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Illness? Yes. Injury? Thankfully, no. I usually crash after a semester's over because I've burned myself out in the final week. Oh wait, does crazy gluing yor fingers together count? I did that like 6 or 7 times...

11. What was the best thing you bought? A new 80GB portable hard-drive for school. Coo-L.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration? Mine, bleh!! :p

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? The pinheads one semester behind us. Noisy little losers.

14. Where did most of your money go? Tuition and car payments. Actually, I guess since I'm on a student loan, it was car payments and mortgage.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Seeing Sex Caffeine again.. even if it was at her wedding.

16. What song will always remind you of 2005? Anna's Nalick's 'Breathe.' Probably the best song of 2005 and good suggestion too (just breathe).

17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder? Happier, 'cuz I feel like I'm accomplishing something.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? I actually miss exercising... I felt much better about myself after hefty workout.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? F-ing around on the computer.

20. How did you spend Christmas? All over --it's become tradition.

21. How [did] you spend New Year’s? Watched 'War of the Worlds' with my wife, then stayed up to raise a glass of wine at midnight (she didn't make it again).

22. Did you fall in love in 2005? Already in love, so I STAYED in love. :D

23. How many one-night stands? None.

24. What was your favorite TV program? Hm. My normal reality shows weren't much fun this time around. Drawn Together was a good surprise. House, Daily Show, Grey's Anatomy, Nip/Tuck, Stacked, and Battlestar Galactica were all quite enjoyable. OH! And how could I forget the Canadian content? Rick Mercer Report & Corner Gas have kept me laughing constantly!

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don't know if I hate him, but he's very difficult to tolerate.

26. What was the best book you read? The Pale Horseman by Bernard Cornwell.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Anna Nalick or James Blunt.

28. What did you want and get? A Peter Gabriel DVD --cuz I bought it for myself!

29. What was your favorite CD of this year? Hm. Didn't buy one this year.

30. What was your favorite film of this year? Chronicles of Narnia. At home, I'd have to say 'Euro Trip' 'cuz I watched it like 15 times.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Drew a naked guy --dammit. (I was in class if you must know...)

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? To be working already and no longer have to make my way through school.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? Extra-deoderant, and carry at all times. Some classes were frickin' hot and I'd perspire something fierce!!

34. What kept you sane? Sleep --when and if I got it.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Jessica Alba --droolicious!!

36. What political issue stirred you the most? Our upcoming federal election (and last year's as well ;) )

37. Whom do you miss? Sex Caffeine.

38. Who was the best new person that you met? H. She's the leather-clad hottie who got me to Sex Caffeine's wedding on time.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005: My work is better when I receive feedback.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I'm partial to Rhett Miller's 'Our Love' (which i'm sure I used as a post title at some point in 2005):
"She is a living fire she is a reason to live
She is killing me burning only for him
I'll spend my whole life loving her my heart exploding words
Our love surpassed our love so fast
Our love's all wrong our love goes on and on
Our love became our love by name when I wrote it to you in a song"
Our love goes on and on

No comments: