Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Go Team... (Just Go)

I realize it's considered an important part of school, but I'm a so sick of group projects!

Way back when I started this blog, I mentioned that there must be some natural law that says there HAS to be some annoying pain-in-the-ass neighbor on every block.

Well, let me add that with every work group, there's gotta be at least one person who sees everyone else working and thinks 'Hey, why do I have to do anything on this?' Or, the even worse person: 'Psssshhh! Good enough. I don't need to see what everyone else is working on right now!"

3 groups going at the moment.

THREE.

In one group, one guy lost all the flow charts and diagrams we'd spent 3 hours putting together. So, when [ahem] the rest of us sat down to put together the good copy, we had to start from scratch.

Then, in my major project group, we had this guy who was begging we change our minds and refocus. Since we're still getting most things organized, we felt it was an okay time to refocus. We did. And 2 days later he drops out of our group. Idiot.

In my third group, we needed to write out a number of "job postings." 5 of us in the group, 2 focused on our 'vision' and 'benefits' and the other 3 tackled the 12 postings. Well, apparently only 2 of us have ever looked at a job description before. This guy writes out the job requirements for a manager:
"must have manager skills."

Seriously.

OK, I've been trying to hold a resolution in 2006 to cut down on the swearing. I don't do that much as it is, but these groups....

These groups....

There are some really fucking stupid people getting in my way!!

No comments: