Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The One with the Unexpected Phone Call

Within moments of getting my latest "thanks but no thanks" for the last interview (darn!), I got a call from a company I'd applied to in early February wanting to set up a phone interview.

I'm not a fan of phone interviews, nor am I a phan of fone interviews... get it? Oh, never mind.

But I've done my little research things on them, so we decided to talk to one another again this morning. See, I really liked that personality interview I had and was really hoping that would've worked out. I'm not sure if that guy just B.S.'d me when he said he could see me working there in a creative role, but I really liked hearing it. Telephone interviews just scream "business."

It wasn't totally the case today. We discussed what he'd seen of my work and what his concerns with that work were (it's true and although bashing the ego, there's not much left to do damage). He also wanted to get into what intrigued him about me and my previous work experience. From there, we discussed the company's initial goals (it's newly founded and a great opportunity to move up in the beginning), what his vision of the company is, and what role he could see me filling in his company. We finished over an hour later with me feeling really good and an appointed time to meet over coffee later this week.

This could be it. I'm praying it is!

No comments: