Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The One About the Postcard Friend

I've mentioned umpteen billion times in the past that I've been playing a joke on my best friend for almost 4 years already. People in different countries around the world send him postcards with nothing to very little (and very obscure) written on them. The latest one was from Africa (Lions of the Serengeti) with a note to a nickname he had just after high school.

I've talked face-to-face with my best friend once in the past 6 years. We email every once in a while, but it goes no further than that because our schedules are in almost complete opposition to one another. Think of it this way: He's never met my 3 1/2 year old son.

Crazy.

In my latest move as a "devoted friend," (I'll explain some other time) I discovered recently that his childhood hero is going to be in town this weekend. Naturally, it's a horrible weekend for me that now also has a couple extra meetings, a job interview, and my niece's Christening. It is, however, giving me a small window to get together and catch up with my best friend . And what better way to do it than by heading in to see his hero?

Hopefully, I'll have more on this after the weekend.

No comments: