Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The One About the Desperate Interview

I caved and took an interview for a downtown job that guaranteed if I got it I'd be broke within a month. I drove in on Friday to their office and interviewed for the position. I knew going in that part of my job would include driving around, which also ensured that I'd need to drive to work every day, thus eating up even more costs in fuel.

What I didn't even think about... walking into the interview... was that the "career advisors" had sent my resume and reel in to the company. I hadn't even looked at the job posting!
INTERVIEWER
"Well, you've seen the job posting and everything that it entails.
How do you feel about it?"

ME
"Oh... I'm fine with it."

INTERVIEWER
"Well, there's a lot of different things on there and you could find yourself doing industry research first thing in the morning and laundry right before lunch."

ME
"Oh, I understand. In fact, I've had a job like that before. I'd start the morning off by updating the schedules and calendars on the website, coordinate my subordinate's tasks for the day, start some laundry, then have to run to a first aid emergency."

INTERVIEWER
"Was there anything in the job description you didn't like?"

ME
"To be honest, NO."


1 comment:

Dreama said...

wow...you didn't even know what you were interviewing for? so many thing could have gone wrong...lol...who knows what you have agreed to! sounds like you handled it well enough.