Saturday, March 24, 2007

The One About Roadworthy Songs

So, a roadworthy song is one that you enjoy listening to anytime you're in the car. I've got a bunch... 'Rocks' by Primal Scream, 'Window in the Sky' by U2, 'Music for a Found Harmonium' by the Penguin Cafe Orchestra, 'Ahead by a Century' by the Tragically Hip. Good songs. The type that make you feel a bit more relaxed and ready to drive a little faster and enjoy the open road.

One of those CDs took a frustrated flight across my car yesterday. There's no way to relax, drive a little faster, and enjoy the open road when the car in front of me goes 20 km/h less than the speed limit, slows down whenever a side road intersects the highway, and then speeds up again.

My kingdom for a passing lane.

1 comment:

Dreama said...

Awww, the commute. I used to hate when I would be stuck behind a camper nearly every time I drove to work. They might be retired but I WASN'T! Now my commute is about .25kms...my seatbelt warning barely has time to go off before I am there.