Monday, March 12, 2007

The One With the Really Good Monday

I've been gearing up for a big eBay sell-off and, ironically, it meant buying up a bunch of things off "the 'Bay" in order to make my stuff look better. I had a couple tricks up my sleeve for the good ol' "buy low, sell high" strategy.

Today's mailbox was so stuffed with... stuff... that it was actually bulging out from the wall. It looked kinda cool and I was like a kid on Christmas morning as I tore through the envelopes.

There were a couple other pieces of mail as well that I basically ignored as I went through everything. But that's when I saw the logo.

It was from my insurance company.

After 5 months, they have finally concluded their investigation and have found me 0% at fault. Yep, for the exact reasons I told them in October, they've now spent thousands of dollars investigating to come to the same conclusion. And, according to the arbitrator, the Google maps helped immensely!

So, I have $350 coming my way in about a week or so. Yay!!

I've also finally made a decision on the job front. Despite having more "con's" compared to the other, I've decided the best action for me to take is with the big company. A big company means some job security and growth potential that may or may not exist with a new company just starting up. That being said, and decided upon, I've still done everything that the new company asked of me and now if they turn me down, it's not a let-down.

If they offer me a job.... That's just a hurdle for further down the road :)

1 comment:

Dreama said...

it is no surprise insurance premiums are so high when they drop so much money on an investigation only to lose their grip on a measly $350. Pithy in their eyes, but they don't want their customers to have it. Glad to hear you're getting a cheque and not a bill!