Thursday, February 15, 2007

The One About A Newfound Pain

I felt fairly stupid after washing my car on Saturday. I suddenly had a pain in my side that felt like I'd pulled a muscle. How bad can it look to pull a muscle while washing your car? Sheesh, like the water pail was too heavy or something. Embarrassing!

The pain was a little worse on Sunday and then again on Monday. On Tuesday morning I realized it had moved over a bit towards my stomach and I started to think maybe it was ulcers because of the job search stress and the whole car accident thing. It would make sense to have the pain where it is, but not how it started out at my side.

Yesterday was an uncomfortable day for me as my stomach hurt. I felt like I needed to undo my pants and go to the bathroom a lot. And it wasn't a good day for it as I'd driven a friend into a Vancouver hospital for his dialysis treatment. I did a little walking around to get my mind off the pain (walking doesn't hurt much, but laying down does). If I sit, I feel pretty much fine, except for the occasional twinge.

It hit me late last night, thinking of my friend using a gigantic machine to do the work of his kidneys.

Kidneys.

I'm feeling pretty confident (and pretty sore) that I have kidney stones. So, off to the doctor I go.

1 comment:

Dreama said...

um, it sure sounds like an appendix attack...do you still have yours?