Saturday, February 03, 2007

The One About a Beer Label


OK, so tonight's blog thread may be a little obvious, but if you haven't figured it out --someone's been drinking. :)


Don't worry: I always drink along and late at night. Although when I didn't finish my last beer, the initial thought I had was "Oh well, I can finish it in the morning."

Oops.

The picture you see (or should see) is of my current favorite Canadian beer. Oh, I'd much rather be drinking Guinness, but I lucked across the Honey Brown a few years ago while working in the office (From Hell!). See, one day we had a major event (although my old boss from Hell considered everything a major event) and I'd been running around for a few hours getting things set up. Now, where my office was located was just down the hall from a little pub/restaurant and while the major event was going on, the pub was closed to all but a few of us and the special guests. It was some band, I can't recall who at the moment. As I was making a brisk run through the pub to get some issues settled, the manager poured me a pint of Honey Brown and told me to relax for a moment.

I've never had a pint disappear that quickly. The second and third went fast too. Let's just say that my "lunch" at 3 in the afternoon consisted of 3 pints of beer and breakfast was at 6am. So, getting my tasks done afterward was completed by a surly guy.

So, the ball was rolling and this was my drink of choice for many an occasion after this. When my time was running down in the office (leading up to my final transfer before my ultimate "resignation"), this was my drink of choice during my dinner break. Yeah, it was most likely against policy, but the only people still working at the time were the cusotdial staff and they loved me to bits.

After finally getting out of Hell, this remained my choice drink, especially whenever I was visiting my parents. But it soon disappeared from the store shelves and --despite my onslaught of internet-presence-- I thought for sure the company had shut down. Every where I looked, I couldn't see the honeycomb label for the Honey Brown beer.

I was sad. I tried numerous other Big Rock brand beers, but none tasted like the Honey Brown. So, I stopped looking and gave up on it.

And that was a mistake. The Honey Brown is still brewed, it's just that I knew the old logo: the honeycomb, which naturally made me think of HONEY.

The image (hopefully) on the right shows the current labels for Big Rock. The honeycomb is still there, but what's really prevalent is the rooster in the right corner of each label. Bottle #5 is the Honey Brown.

OK, back to my beer. Leave me alone now.

No comments: