Thursday, September 14, 2006

Post-Fight

Yes, I had to fight a little. 3 of 4 people were satisfied with where I was (recognizing the workload for our production, which apparently counts for squat for graduation) and one, the one who made the ultimate decision, who wasn't. I did threaten to cancel our presentation for Friday (yep, tomorrow) if the decision was I hadn't done enough. Bull. I'd done more than my share.

Anyway, long-ish story short: I'm done with a presentation for our production tomorrow and the grad showcase on Monday.

Then I don't have to come back. Ever.

It's a mixed emotion time for me. There's a little regret in taking this program (although now that I've experienced it, I know what to expect in the future if I ever opt to do something like this again). There's a good dose of frustration with how negative some aspects of the program were handled. There's also a mixture of anger and sadness as I know of 3 classmates who ultimately failed. 2 of them were just plain lazy and although I'm sad that they've been with us for 18 months and now have to spend another 3 months here. The 3rd person, well she got into a situation with our production which killed her portfolio schedule. I asked her to take on more responsibility, which she did, and now I feel bad because she's failed her portfolio. She's super-talented and super-smart, but she didn't get it done in the end. She's made her decision not to come back and finish her diploma (yowch!) as she's had enough of this place. She'll probably get ajob faster than most of the rest of us.

So, that's where I am right now.

1 comment:

Dreama said...

well, glad to hear that you are able to graduate after all the madness you went through this year...