Monday, September 11, 2006

Fight!

Today, technically, I should have all my work done for the semester --and the program.

I don't. Our big production commences until this Friday and it ate into my time late last week and over the weekend as well. Sick of it.

I am gearing up for a big fight today because my other work's slipped with the production getting in the way. I had two new tasks thrown at me last week for the production, which hampered even more "progress" on my graduation project. So, my concern today is I'm going to be informed I'm not graduating on Monday because I'm behind in my work.

I'm behind because they keep piling more work on me for extra projects: make up your mind which project you want me on! And, at this rate, if they decide I"m not graduating, then I walk away --today-- from everything. No more production: nothing. I'd be willing to give it up in a heartbeat.

During our production class last week, 5 of us were forced to continue working on the production while everyone else was permitted to work on their additional projects.

For 3 hours.

3 bloody hours that people essentially finished off any last-minute work they needed to do for today or tomorrow (depending on when they meet with the graduation advisor).

The 5 of us who had to work on the production? We're all behind the 8-ball on our graduation requirements. Life is so fair.

So, I'm ready for a fight. I have 45 minutes until I meet with the advisor.

1 comment:

Dreama said...

so if given the chance again, would you do this program? Do you feel like you have taken anything valuable away from it? Would you recommend it to anyone else?

I remember when it was all just a dream for you, and you were making a case for funding, and now here you are, nearing completion. How does it feel, other than relieved that you are nearly done...