Sunday, October 01, 2006

Run

I joined my daughter at her school on Friday for the Terry Fox Run. I got there late thanks to my inability to lock my in-laws' front door. I had to run to the school just to take part in... the run.

But with 1,000+ kids running, I had no idea where to find my little girl. "She's the one in pink!" I kept telling myself (only to discover 30 minutes later she was wearing peach and blue --oops). She wasn't running with the majority of the kids, with whom I did 2 laps before discovering the "young'uns" run around the school's track. So, in I went and found here there eventually. By that point, I was huffing and puffing and my daughter asked me if I was ready to start.

Ready to collapse was more like it. It's been months since I've done any strenuous exercise!!

I did a few more laps with my little girl and was just happy to be there for her when I haven't had enough time for my kids over the past 18 months. The guilt's a good feeling, though, because I'm making up for it in some ways.

This week, my son & I are off the the pumpkin patch.

1 comment:

Dreama said...

awww...pumpkin patch...pics would be lovely (email them to me)...be sure to tell him about the Great Pumpkin!