Friday, October 20, 2006

No More Quiet

Didn't I just write how quiet everything's been on the job search?

Well, that came to an abrupt end!

I mentioned in 'Biding My Time' that I was going out last night. It was great! Found out about 4 potential job leads (yeah, not just one, but four!) and got invited to a meet-and-greet today at the biggest game company in North America. They have an awesome office building too:
Sweet, eh? And it's right at the end of the commuter train line! Woot!

So, going to that meet and greet simply because the guy who invited me is leaving that job at the end of the month and going to another company (coincidentally, the #2 company on my list of all-time "I wanna work there!" companies) in November. So, get me in to meet the team and have me fresh on their minds when they look for his replacement... :D

Oh, but that's not the end of it. No-no! Right after this meet and greet, and on the other side of Vancouver is yet another meet and greet with people from a few different companies! I've been invited out to it to meet more people, including one guy from Montreal who is currently looking to grab some peeps and get them to move (all expenses paid, of course) across the country as they try to become the biggest game company in North America! My ol' instructor mentioned me when she was talking to him earlier this week... nice.

Last night's thing was pretty sweet and one of the people there I'd met at the grad showcase back in September. He remembered my name (and these are people from companies who get hundreds of applications a day) and let me know they're reviewing my work and seeing if I fit their future plans.

What it all boils down ot is I'll be the first one from my grad class working in the field. There've been others with job offers, but nothing starting for them until January.

Anyone else smelling roses at the moment?

1 comment:

Dreama said...

snifffff....I smell roses...everything is coming up hoser! See, I'm not the only one with a great job in their future!