Tuesday, October 05, 2004

My Weird for the Day

The countdown to the end of this job is at 4 days now. Tuesday to Friday and then I'm outta here.

I've been sick off and on since last Wednesday though and missed work on Thursday and Monday. Had to go in on Friday as there was a problem that apparently only I could take care of and I needed to wait for an important phone call. I did spend the day in the office and suffered greatly because of it.

But now I'm feeling really weird about going into work today. I'm not entirely sure why, but it's almost like I have 4 days left to figure out all the puzzle pieces this job has thrown at me and the mess isn't going to be cleaned up. And I'm the one stuck with the mess.

Or the blame.

I'm hoping I'm being extremely paranoid right now but part of me doesn't want to go back to that office. Ever.

I think it partly has to do with the fact that my boss isn't very happy with my departure. I admit it comes at a bad time for the department (we're extremely busy), but it was the right time for me. I haven't said it to anyone at work, but I actually regret giving more than 2 weeks' notice. Had I just given the 2 weeks, then today would be my last day. Not Friday.

And I'm thinking it was a mistake to wait so long.

We'll see what happens by the end of the day.

No comments: