Thursday, October 28, 2004

Her Goodbye

It took her a few hours, but she did reply:
To say this email came as a shock would be a gross understatement. I
read it earlier at work (I'm at home now) and started to cry...it has
taken me about six hours to try and sort through my emotions so I can
respond properly.

I won't ask what happened and why you're gone because that's not
important. What is important is that you're OK. We all make
mistakes and the most crucial thing is to make sure we forgive ourselves
when we do. I pray you will remember this and give yourself the grace
you deserve to get past whatever it is that took place. I think you
know me well enough to know that I'm not the kind of person who pays
much heed to gossip and rumours. I still think you're a great guy and a
friend who always stood behind me. As I would (and will) stand behind
you.

Thank you for sharing with me what is in your heart about the special
kind of love you have for me. I am honoured by this gift and want you
to know that I hold it with the utmost respect. It takes great courage
and selflessness to love somebody to the extent that you free them to
find their own joy. I want you to know that I AM happy and that
your happiness for me in this makes it that much sweeter. Your words
and the sincerity with which you've stated them mean more to me than I
could ever express...I am truly moved.

I know that you will be rewarded for the integrity and maturity you've
shown in how you've dealt with your feelings for me. You allowed God to
work through you so you could give unselfishly to me, and you will be
blessed for this.

I don't know what else to say except that when I think of you,
it is with love as well.

I'm sure somewhere along the line our paths will cross again - the
world isn't THAT big!

You'll be in my prayers. I know that wherever God is leading you next,
it is somewhere wonderful.

I won't forget you or the gift you've given me.

No comments: