Thursday, October 28, 2004

My Goodbye

In leaving work, there was only one person I wanted to talk to. I knew I wouldn't be able to talk if I called, so I simply emailed her:

Hey there girl....

You may find this strange that out of all the people I know there,
you're the one I'm writing to and the only one I'm writing to.

It may be because of our history together or just the plain fact that
you're the one I valued most as a friend.

And we'll never see each other again and that's why I'm compelled to
write.

You'll hear rumours as to why I'm gone and I'm hoping most of them are
false. I'll admit to making a mistake and honestly not thinking of
just how bad it could get. I've been treated fairly by the people
that count and that's all I can ask for.

But I need desperately to clear one thing with you before I say my big
goodbye.

I can say now that I love you --but it's how I love you that I want to
make clear.

I realized a long time ago --thanks to you-- that I was making another
mistake and unfortunately, didn't back away soon enough. You called
me on it and I do appreciate it. And thanks to God I know now that I
can love you in a very special way.

I can pray --and I have prayed before-- that God does whatever it
takes to makes you happy. That's what I realized is that all I want
for you and of you is that you're happy.

That's why the first time I heard you finally had someone to share
your life with I was actually happy. Because I knew that's what you
deserve.

I'd like to say you're a good person, but that's not enough. You're
great person and I thank God met you when I did. I'd like to still be
able to think of you as a friend and ask again for your forgiveness
that you've been at giving me in the past. Thank you for that too.

I'm sorry I won't be there to make you laugh. And I'm sorry I was
there to make you sad. And I'm sorry I won't be around to see you
live your happy life.

I'll miss you a lot and I'll pray that you're happy. Don't miss me
because I'm gone but remember the times we shared a laugh, shared a
story and did what we could to be friends.

Take care --I'll miss you always.

No comments: