Friday, October 01, 2004

My Escape

The countdown's on for real now.

I have 5 days and 6 hours to go. Sadly, that's still not fast enough. Fortunately, today I'm sans boss and Drama Queen which should make for an easier day. They can't cause problems if they're not here.

If the plan is to make me want to leave the office that much faster, it's working. I dread every day I come in right now.

Hard to believe that a year ago when I was asked to rate my job on a scale of 1 to 10, I actually said 10. It's difficult to hit a 1 right now. Maybe it's all the years I've been here and therefore know/understand why policies are in place, but that doesn't phase anyone else from not following them. Bugs me.

What stresses me out is that my boss keeps handing assignments to DQ and she passes them on to me. I've decided to ignore most of them and then pass them back to her next Friday when I leave.

I've got the bonus call display in my new office, so even if they call, they won't actually talk to me....

On that note, I have to think up a new voicemail message for the new office. I'm thinking of relating it to people down here, so my 2 choices so far are:

"Talk to the tape, girlfriend, 'cuz the man ain't gonna listen to ya."

~or~

"I'm not in right now and therefore not answering the phone. Please leave a message and I'll prioritize it and get back to you later."

My current joke around the office is that anything my boss lists as a "#1 top Priority" is currently on my list as Priority #1-A, or Priority #1-CC.

Not that that's stopped him from giving me top #1 priorities...

No comments: