Monday, October 25, 2004

My Telephone

Granted there's nothing special about my telephone, but it's worth writing about since 'dreama' (dreamazone2.blogspot.com) insists I write something --you got it.

It's been 9 days since I switched to the new department and the... people (oh! The terms I could use) I used to work with are still at it with the emails and phone calls.

Incessantly.

The great thing about the phone systems here is that I know when it's a call from inside or outside. It rings differently. Sweet.

It also means I know when my old boss, or one of the co-workers from Hell is calling. Actually, they're esy to pick off because not a one of them has figured out my new phone extension (it's only posted on the network directory and automatically in any email response I send them...), so they have to contact the front reception desk and have them put through to my phone.

Which means I don't pick up the phone when they call. They have to leave a message.

I've also set up my email so that their messages are automatically moved into a special subfolder dedicated to their messages. I found out this morning that I can't tell through our email system when messages are put in that subfolder. I have to manually check it to see if anything's there.

And I'm totally motivated to do that.

And checking this morning, there was a flurry of messages about some work that needed doing, oh, back in June that hasn't been done yet. My old boss asks "What have we done about this?" And my response was "I did what you asked me and got the work quote and filed the request. You needed to sign off on it. Have you?"

It's apparently, still sitting in his mailbox.

I do hate being mean to them now, but I'm still disgruntled over the crap I went through just for a goodbye lunch.

So, now I'm talking to the front reception desk (and guess who hired them 'lo those many years ago?) and they're just going to put the calls straight through to my voicemail. I never have to talk with them again.

I love my phone.

1 comment:

Dreama said...

good post...'bout time. *grin*