Friday, December 19, 2003

My Straight and Stronger Course


Email sent out, Tuesday 8:30am: "Hey guys, 
I have your Christmas presents down here in the office.  Drop by any time
to get 'em and I'll most likely have some coffee on for us too!
"

Email reply #1, Tuesday 9:42am: "Hey back, Can't make it, sorry.  Maybe
later?
"

Email reply #2, Tuesday 10:03am: "I'll see if I can come down.  Busy
day today.
"

Email reply #3, Tuesday 10:05am: "I've got to be honest - today's not a good
day for me. But go ahead without me or maybe we can try again Monday or Tuesday
(tomorrow's out, too).  Or in the New Year.
"

Email reply #4, Tuesday 10:57am: "My moment of quiet has expired and I must
also pass.  I have stuff until at least 3:30 today.  But on Monday or Tuesday I
am open to some fun.
"

Email sent out, Tuesday 3:00pm: "Wow.  Dissed by everyone.  Thanks. 
Well, I'm outta here for the day and am here for 16 hours tomorrow.  I
guess we'll talk later.
"

Email reply from #3, Tuesday 3:40pm: "Crappy day tomorrow, huh?  Good
luck and glad it's not me! 
See
you next week (or maybe tomorrow afternoon if you're coming to the Dean's party
- free food!).  Have a great rest of the week.
"

Email sent out, Wednesday 7:20am: "I'll think about next week and let you
know.
"

...and these are supposed to be my friends.

I have some issues to rethink when My Year starts in 12 days.

When it comes to giving gifts, you'd think people would be happy to drop by and
get it or even just say thanks.  Nope, I get the brush off.

From my 'friends.'

I went through something similar just as I was heading into senior year in high
school.  My friends called me up shortly after midnight on my birthday and
told me they just realized it was my birthday, but they were drunk at a party
they were having.  That Fall, they weren't my friends anymore. Screw 'em. 
That was early 90s and by the mid-90s I was only speaking to a couple of my
so-called friends from school.  I'd moved on.

So maybe it's time to see about changing my friends again. Why put up with this
again?


No comments: