Monday, December 15, 2003

My Homecoming


Left Friday morning about 9 to head back to warmer weather at home.  My
parents were planning on leaving about 30 minutes after me for the trip back and
they had concerns about finding my car in the ditch while they drove a fair bit
behind me.



As is usually the case in my family, 'something comes up' and for whatever
reason, my parents didn't leave shortly after me.



In fact, I'd driven the 5 hours home when they called to say that they were 20
minutes outside of their own home...



Concerns raised about my father's age and the declining speed of his car to
coincide with it were immediately raised, but my father assured me that my
mother had decided to buy a new dress for the weekend and that had taken nearly
5 hours of shopping to pick one out.  So, instead of the old-man-driver
stereotype we were dealing with the woman-shopper stereotype.



Beautiful.



I made it home quickly and safely and knew I only had a short time before things
would get busy.  Again.

No comments: