Thursday, December 18, 2003

My Funny Co-Worker


One of my co-workers knows next to nothing.  If nothing were a big hole
in the ground, she'd be the one flapping her arms trying to keep herself from
falling in.

This week, we've been discussing the usual amount of useless knowledge the rest
of us have and she oblivious to everything --but wants to take part in the
conversations anyway.  I mentioned to my boss that I'd heard that Lloyd
Axworthy was going to be the next president of the University of Winnipeg. 
Aside, from the fascination that I'd know something like this, my co-worker,
we'll call her 'Piper,' had no idea who he is or what he's done in his life (a
former Canadian Foreign Affairs minister once nominated for a Nobel Peace
Prize).  Somehow our conversation drifted to Helmut Kohl, the German
Chancellor (Piper didn't know Kohl or what a Chancellor was --so I explained
that to her as well).










(would you give this man a hat?)

So, the story with Helmut Kohl is that he'd been drinking
a lot on the flight to Calgary.  When he got off the plane, the mayor
of Calgary was there to present each G-7 Summit dignitary with a white
cowboy hat --the symbol of the city of Calgary.  Kohl took the hat
and jammed it down hard on the mayor's head (think about how painful it is when
you put on a hat that's too small and it crushes your ears --now imagine
someone else doing it).

The moral of the story?  The German chancellor's a bit of a dick.

We were also talking about this crazy guy in the area who talks to the trees
and shrubs on campus.  My boss thought of Bill Murray in 'Caddyshack' which
is a perfect description of this guy.  Piper has no idea what Caddyshack is
and my boss explained that it was a golf movie.  She thought she must've
seen it if it's a golf movie (she is a golf nut after all).  My smart-ass
comment was, "That's where the 'caddy' comes from..."



We've also made fun of her since she doesn't know who Fonzie is and was quite
concerned for my boss & I when he sang the Anniversary Song from Flintstones
when he found out it was my 6th anniversary working here. 

Sad.  Piper says it's because she has a life --but how can anyone say they
have a life and not know who The Fonz is????

No comments: