Monday, December 29, 2003

My Christmas Day


Why do I bother with a Gift List? 

Every year I'm asked to put together a list of things I'd like to have for
Christmas because I'm "so difficult to buy for."

And I do it.  Every year, a new list of the things I'd like.  DVDs,
CDs, clothes.... whatever.

And every year I don't get a bloody thing on the list.

So why do I bother?

I do it so I can remember all the things that are best left for me to buy --and
when someone sees me buy them and asks, "why don't you wait?" I can point out
that the waiting is forever.

I'm still waiting for the Beatles Anthology CD box set.  That was, what? 8
years ago?

I'll get it on my own, thanks.

This year, the big thing I wanted was a leather jacket.  Had a couple of
DVDs listed too, but the big one was the leather jacket.

I'm picking it up tomorrow - December 29.  My Christmas day.

I'm also picking up the DVD I really wanted as well as the next couple of books
in the series I'm currently reading.  All on my list.

So my Christmas is a different day than others --been done before.

No comments: