Monday, July 03, 2006

I Thought Monday was a holiday...

In Canada, our big holiday is July 1, not July 4 like it is in the US. Most places --every place, but my school-- close down on the Monday when July 1 is on a weekend. But, yeah, I'm at school. They shut down on June 30th "for the sake of the students."

Nice.

It's 7:20 and I'm having a bad day.

I got maybe 3 hours' sleep last night (more about that in a later post) and left for school at 6 this morning. My carpool partner moved an hour closer to the school, so he hops the bus to get to class. No more HOV lane for this hoser. Leaving at 6 means I have 2 and a half hours before class starts, which should be just enough time. Forgetting we're the only place open today, it took me about 45 minutes to get here.

So, now that I'm here I can print off my course challenge request. Oh, but wait! Apparently I have no more print credit left. It's day 1 of a new semester and I can't print anything! Then, I figure I'll just put the information on my memory stick and submit that to the Dean. No can do. My memory stick is no longer attached to the lanyard. I've lost it and the homework that was due this morning. Yeah, homework due at 8:30 on day 1. And it's all gone.

I check around campus (I'm one of only 2 people here right now) and it's nowhere where I've walked. I check the car, but seeing as how I only sat in my car, it should be obvious it isn't on the drivers' seat. So, I call home and my wife searches around. No such luck. She checks the garage, but there's nothing there either.

I'm swearing.

I go
back to the car and start rummaging through the trash under the seat (oops --gotta clean that soon) and when I move a gas receipt, something heavy falls from the side of the seat. Sure enough, it's my memory stick somehow caught between receipts from last week's road trip (more on that later too).

So, now I have my memory stick, but no print credits "left" with which to print.

Argh.

And I'm still not looking forward to this semester.

1 comment:

Dreama said...

sure hope this isn't an omen...ooooooooooooo.