Friday, June 30, 2006

Peace out

At some point in 1997, I joined a mailing list with other students in a distance education university program. It was an opportunity for everyone to 'connect' in a time before classes actually became online. We'd sit alone and listen to tapes of lectures and if enough of us were taking the same course, it was like we were all in the same class.

I had a number of strikes against me in joining the group:
  1. I'm a man. There's only been a few males join (and all have disappeared, I think) in the 9 years I've been around.
  2. I was one of the only people on the Pacific coast. Almost everyone else was in Ontario, with a few exceptions.
  3. I was a history major. I recall there being one other.
Dreama, or whatever you're calling yourself these days, was also in the group. She's been around the longest. We've gotten along well... :)

Dreama left the group today. Can't say I blame her. The easiest excuse is that she graduated like a century ago. She could've left when most people did. When they were done.

A majority of the group has gone onto a new group: a diet group. I don't need that. Well, a diet, yes, but not a diet group.

so, I'm thinking I'm really done now. Dreama said her goodbye and I think it's time for mine as well.

From the group, not my blog.

Hehe. Scared ya!

1 comment:

Dreama said...

I'll respond to either dreama or sky as my screen name, lol. Or brat, ya hoser.

I have yet to post about the link but think that I will at some point.

see you in cyberspace...