Monday, July 17, 2006

Schedule Changes

So, when I started my final semester, I had a class Monday morning, Tuesday morning, Wednesday morning, Thursday morning and Friday afternoon.

It sucked.

After successfully challenging the latest fluff course (yay!), I got to knock off the Tuesday morning slot. Nothing wrong with having Tuesdays off, eh?

My Thursday morning class was risky. We'd heard on our first day that 'Loser Boy' had passed yet another course because the instructor didn't want to teach him again. Ugh. There are only 2 sections for this course and they both occur on Thursdays. So, I had a 50-50 chance of having Loser Boy in a class yet again this semester. Is it too much to ask for a semester free from him??

With class starting at 8:30, I was well early and set up to start my day by 7:30. At 8am, Loser Boy walked into the computer lab and I knew my day was ruined. The registration office opened at 9 and I was standing there when the windows opened, with a completed section transfer request form in-hand. My "reason" for switching sections? The traffic --in the mornings it's horrible (which I'll discuss later). So, no problem. I got my section switched (the Dean was standing there too when the office opened. As I discovered over the rest of class that day, 5 others also switched. And it was all because of Loser Boy.

So, into week #2 we go and I'm now scheduled for the Thursday afternoon class. I leave at 11 to get to a 1pm class (yep, gave myself 2 hours to get the 60km to class) and arrived a few minutes late thanks to bad traffic and skirting around an accident only to be caught by a train. Needless to say, I was incredibly p.o.'d by the time I arrived in class and some of my classmates saw how mad I was. "Yeah," said one, "I'd be mad too." This confused me because I hadn't explained to anyone why I was running so late.... then I looked across the lab and there sat Loser Boy.

He'd switched from the mornings as well.

That could be the end of the story, miserable as it is.... But, it's not. The instructor was incredibly confused as there was barely anyone left in the morning and nearly standing room only in the afternoon. He muttered that he hoped some people would switch back... and I was quick to volunteer. And 3 others followed suit.

So, there's the end. I'm in on Thursday mornings again and hopefully Loser Boy hasn't done the same. The Dean, upon receiving my request to switch back, had a good laugh --I'm sure he knows why.

1 comment:

Dreama said...

all I could think of to say was HAHAHAHAHAHA...and then glad that you shook the loser.