Monday, July 03, 2006

A Pox..... Now

My daughter's best friend came down with chicken pox a couple days before my last semester ended the second week of June. So, one of my "plans" over the break was to take care of my little girl with yet another illness. Sure enough, just before my break, she got sick.

It wasn't chicken pox, though. She had an ear/throat infection, which she gets at least twice a year. So, we just waited for the spots to appear.

On Saturday, I made the traditional pancakes and strawberries for our Canada Day breakfast (been doing it for about 7 years now). My daughter cam out of her room.... covered in spots. She's got the familial timing down, proving once again it's hereditary. Yep, 2 days before I return to the mega workload and stress of my graduating semester, I have a very spotty little girl.

If anyone saw "There's Something About Mary" and Woogie got those nasty boils around his eyes, including one right on the edge of his eyelid.... picture that and you have my baby girl. And, of course, one that close to her eye can't have any calomine lotion on it. So she has to suffer with that one.

So, now according to plan, my son should have the pox around mid-July, just in time (there's that timing thing again) for his birthday. And he's going to be one miserable S.O.B. when he gets them.

My in-laws said he'd be miserable and I simply replied he'll be exactly the same, but with spots.

1 comment:

Dreama said...

I remember the pox well...my daughter has never gotten them, and neither has her father...must be some kinda natural immunity. I've certainly exposed her enough...hope your little P. feels well soon! Get her to help put the calamine lotion on by paintbrush...might help her mood with them.