Friday, May 27, 2005

Is This the End?

Oops! Sounds ominous, but I'm not talking about quitting this blog or anything!!

Let's just say it's that time of year as we watch all our fave TV shows come to a close for (hopefully) the season and will (hopefully) return in (hopefully!! Scrubs!! Alias!?!?!) the Fall.

Yup. It's cliffhanger ending time!! So, I thought I'd give a rating (out of 10) for my favorite shows' season enders: Do I have to say SPOILERS PEOPLE!!!
(I'll type 'em as they come to me)

1. Grey's Anatomy - 7/10. T'ain't nothing wrong with a sudden wife's appearance during a romantic couple's date, right?
2. Lost - 9/10. OK, quite a number of loose ends were taken care of (but the monster's caused more questions) and we did see another character die (and yes he has been around since the beginning of the series!!). They blew the hatch open, Charlie's got drugs again, Walt's been kidnapped and Sawyer's been -presumably- shot and left for dead. C'mon September!!
3. Scrubs - 6/10. Honestly, I can't remember how it ended. I think Eliot left to work at another hospital, so...
4. Desperate Housewives - 8/10. More loose ends taken care of and a bit of a "hunh?" at the end, so yeah I'll anticipate it again in September!!
5. Without A Trace - 8/10. Well, I think everyone was expecting a certain FBI agent to die (on the operating table anyone?) but that didn't happen. Instead, we end up with Danny & Martin on the wrong end of a hail of machine gunfire. Uh-oh. Potential death and destruction give it a higher rating over mysterious spouses (Grey's Anatomy).
6. Alias - 10/10. I thought, after last year's 2-year amnesia/Vaughn got married cliffhanger, that Alias would take it a bit easy this time around. Nope. After saving the world, Sidney & Vaughn take off for a bit, he says he's not actually Vaughn, their original meeting was no accident, a car slams into them, fade-to-black, What the Hell? Please tell me I don't have to wait 'til January, ABC!!!!

I think that's it for my fave shows. If anyone else has something they'd like to mention, please feel free to comment!!

OK, one more thing while I'm on a TV theme here...

GEORGE LUCAS:
If you're seriously thinking of doing a live-action Star Wars TV series occurring between Episodes 3 &4.... pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease don't do a "Young Luke Skywalker Adventures" series. Take a look at the failure of Young Indiana Jones with the whiny/bratty Corey Carrier playing the young boy. 19 of the 44 episodes were about the whiny boy and the rest were really cool shows with Sean Patrick Flannery, which would be the equivalent of Luke at the beginning of Ep. 4.... Just don't... PLEASE?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only one on that list I saw was Lost and I missed probably 2/3 of it due to people feeling the need to call me during the show. I'm reserving judgement until I see the repeat tonight. LOL

I loved the CSI finale -- what a way to end the season. And was Nick's torture a thinly veiled attempt to payback Eads for his walkout earlier this season? Hmmm...

Anyways, came through from BE, so I thought I'd say "hi!" :)

Anonymous said...

I think George said we wouldn't see any major characters from Star Wars in the new series, just some minor character cameos. Who knows what it will be about, but I very much doubt "Young Skywalker Adventures", which I agree is a good thing.