Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Breathe Again

OK, now that the latest Amazing Race is over, thank God Rob & Amber didn't win.

Uchenna & joyce played a classy game and I'd like to think most people were rooting for them because of the way they played. I mean, even at the end, neither was willing to run in, win the million THEN go back and pay the cab driver. Nope, they begged money off people and nearly lost the race because of it.

Classiest scene: At the final checkpoint, Alex (of Lynn and Alex) was praying "Uchenna & Joyce, Uchenna & Joyce, Uchenna & Joyce." Ah, the power of positive thinking.

So, maybe this proves to some people that people get what they deserve. When it came to the final flight to Miami, Rob was pushing to get on the earlier flight, screaming "Please, my mother." And it wasn't any help. They got on the plane by going to the gate, but Uchenna & Joyce basically just said, "Please, we need to get on that flight."

Here's a question: Who would believe someone being filmed by a TV camera is actually rushing in an emergency for their "mother"? Anyone? Anyone?

Just nice to know when the race was finally over that I could breathe again.

And no, I'm not watching Rob & Amber's wedding on May 24th. Media whores to the max.

2 comments:

Dreama said...

I'm estatic over the win! I thought they played well, and didn't berate each other on national television all the time like many of the other teams. I chuckled at Rob's comment that "WE" already won Survivor...um, Rob, YOU didn't WIN Survivor, that chickie you're clung to did. You LOST.

Madley said...

I don't have a TV so I've missed this show... just happened to be at a friend's for the finale.

While Romber was fun to watch, I could tell IN ONE EPISODE that Uchenna and Joyce were one hell of a class act.

I hope to be like that someday (I guess I can work on my half until my other half comes along!)

That was a great win.