Monday, May 23, 2005

Give It A Name

Today's been a day of coincidental conversations. I'm just filling out a blog commentary on the origins of my nickname 'Hairyhoser.'

Dreama started it. So it's her fault. She & I were "classmates" through the University of Waterloo and after I called her a brat, she called me a 'hoser.' Well, being a little on the hairy side myself, the 'hairy' was soon added and the rest is history.

Dreama also said something about my "funny accent." This from the woman from Newfoundland, whose ex0husband mumbled something some might say cold have been English, but I never really figured out what he said to me. Hell, he could've been asking me about a ride back to British Columbia and I would've agreed simply because I had no frickin' idea what exactly he'd said.

Next thing you know I'm wearing a pirate shirt.

So, while I'm writing the comment, I get an IM message from Latina Lady. She has a question: "What does hairyhoser mean?"

See? Lots of questions and a somewhat simple answer.

Thus the legend of 'hairyhoser' is understood. I hope.

1 comment:

Dreama said...

HA! I will admit that very few people can understand my exhusband...he is a true newfie, and mumbles along with that.

About the ride though...you might want to ask for a driver's license first. He's 50 years old and never had a driver's license...