Thursday, May 12, 2005

Bad Trash

We got home last night around 9:45 to discover that although our garbage was gone, our toilet was still sitting at the end of the driveway. Yep, I'm officially a yokel now, because I have a frigging toilet at the end of my driveway.

There was a note on the ground a few feet away and it took three reads before we finally found the word 'toilet' listed amongst the "not permitted" list.

They'll take a fridge, but they won't take a toilet.
They'll take a television, but they won't take a toilet.
They'll take a dishwasher, but they won't take a toilet.

So, anyone want to guess what the environmental impact is of each?

I did a little bit of an internet search and this is basically what I found.
  1. Fridges have PCBs. PCBs cause cancer, affects the immune and reproductive systems and many other problems.
  2. Dishwashers have been known to cause cancer (well, through the heated chlorinated water anyway)
  3. TVs?

No comments: