Friday, August 13, 2004

My Strongest Weakness

Unbeknownst to me, 'Princess' had returned from holidays and dropped by his office today. I was in the office next to his when I worked in that department over a year ago now and I forgot about how well sound travels through the walls.

See, 'Sex Caffeine' and I were in that office earlier this afternoon. And I should have thought of the sound thingy --had I known he was even around.

Gratuitous sex sounds travel well.

Going back 18 months, I remember sitting in Princess' office discussing various matters of the day. I shared my office with 'Fluffy' at the time and 'Fluffy' was havig a discussion with the Queen MOB, my old boss. As Princess & I were talking we could hear voices raise in my office, followed by an 'AAHHHH!!' and a sudden big thud against the wall. I went racing over (Princess walked in later --he and the Queen don't always get along) and here the Queen had tried to sit on one of the chairs and it had rolled away from under her, hence the thud against the wall. Fortunately, we all had a good laugh over it. But I should have remembered about the sound travelling.

When rumours of an affair between SC and I first started just before Christmas 2002, it was because we'd been holed up in my office all day. We both disappeared behind the closed door and only came out for bathroom breaks the rest of the day. Otherwise, you could pretty much just hear laughing and giggling whenever you walked by. Had someone been in the other office, they would've heard the movie we were watching on the DVD player in my computer.

One of the things I've tried desperately to do over the past few months is find things SC & I don't have in common so we'll run out of things to talk about. Sadly, I've failed miserably and have only found more and more things we have in common. Favorite reality show? We both like Amazing Race and talk about it the next day. We both like working out around 4:00. We both clued in to the twist in 'The Village' at the same time. We're both addicted to Diet Coke with Lime. We both like Jerry Bruckheimer shows. She hadn't watched 'Nip/Tuck' yet, so I brought in the pilot episode.

And we watched it in her office (my old office, my old computer).

About 10 minutes in, there's a very gratuitous (for TV anyway) sex scene. We had the volume a little too high. It was very warm in the office and I was getting sweaty. When I left about 55 minutes later, I was looking quite unkempt and got called into Princess' office right away. I didn't know he was there, and looking the way I did (and his tone of voice), I knew right away he had the wrong idea, but "It's not what you think" just ain't the right response at the moment. Neither, apparently, is 15 minutes of trying to explain what was happening (and laughing about it at the same time).

He doesn't know what to believe right now.

No comments: