Thursday, April 15, 2004

My Hours


I haven't worked enough with the new guy to see if there's anything making
him into another Co-worker from Hell.  fortunately for him, Drama Queen is
filling up the void with the absence of Whiner.

Yesterday was one of the most annoying days in weeks as I had several projects
on the go and DQ was over my shoulder on most of them. Even worse, though, was
she kept going on and on about things that I think are confidential... and she's
telling anyone who'll stop and listen.  My boss is back today and since my
talk with her fell on the usual deaf ears, I'm going to have to step up to the
plate and deal directly with him on the issue.  It's not the first time
there's been confidential information leaked out of the office.  We had one
person 'let go' a few months back and Whiner & DQ would gab about it in
front of anyone.  I knew about 3 weeks before either one of them, but it's confidential
which I think the Co-workers From Hell might only understand if my boss ended
each sentence with "Now, shut the fuck up about this, okay?"

The ultimate aggravation came in the early afternoon when my boss called into
the office.  He was talking to me about the Canucks' painful 4-0 loss to
the Flames (his favourite team) and aid he had a few things to talk to me about
and then asked to speak to DQ.  I hand the phone over and she has a quick
talk where she's getting more and more excited and then hangs up the
phone.  

She hung up the phone.

He wants to talk to me again, but she hangs up on him.  Gah!  Then she
starts in one what he wanted to talk to her about.  He's got extra tickets
for the Canucks game at GM Place tonight.  Extra tickets.  Un-fucking
believable.

She hung up the phone and he wanted to talk to me again.  He has extra
tickets for the game tonight.

I'm trying desperately to get through to his cell, but it either goes dead or
straight to his voicemail.  By my third attempt to call him, she's already
told a dozen people how she's going to the game tonight and I'm not and I start
envisioning what the phone cord look like wrapped around her neck... and her big
fat head turns blue.

Dare to dream...

I never did get a hold of my boss yesterday.  He's coming in today and
we'll talk then and, boy, do we have a list of things to talk about.

No comments: