Sunday, April 04, 2004

My Drama Queen


Okay, so my boss has decided that F-Bomb will now be known as 'DQ' or 'Drama
Queen.'  It's perfect.  For every "f--- off!" that comes out of her
mouth, there's also a bit of stress and drama behind it.  And the only
reason we're being told to f--- off is because we're making fun of her and her
antics.

I acknowledged to my boss yesterday that she & I are polar opposites --and with
Whiner leaving in a week that means the new guy has a role to fill pretty much
immediately.  See, any little thing to DQ is a catastrophe.  We had
some sound problems while setting up for the banquet yesterday and she was ready
to call in the army to get things fixed.  Not looks at the equalizer and
adjust the controls or anything...  My boss & I were up and down ladders
hanging banners for our big banquet dinner and although I'd been on the more
rickety ladder (he & I were convinced one leg was shorter than the other 3), DQ
gasped and flustered when she saw my boss leaning off the ladder to hook some
fishing line over a frame --about 6 feet off the stage.  "Keep it cool, DQ!"
he shouted and as she turned away with her usual stressed out face, he stepped
down 2 rungs, turned and jumped to the stage.

BOOM!

DQ actually screamed and the rest of us had a good laugh.  She now
officially hates him.  I love it.

No comments: