Sunday, April 04, 2004

My Applause Revisited


Now that I think about it, my boss asked for everyone to hold their applause
until after he'd introduced and thanked the 3 of us.  Since I was called up
first, everyone did applaud and each and every team shouted out the nicknames
they've given me over the past year.  Each team has given me at least 2
nicknames and with the number of teams --it's a lot of names to respond to. 
But Whiner and DQ don't have any nicknames.  They're called by their actual
names.  I get that too, but usually it's my nicknames getting shouted
across campus.  Sweet.

I take that as a sign that I'm the one they like best and when I'm feeling like
being a selfish prick I can always look back on that and be proud.  Why? 
Cuz I'm "the dawg," the "sugar daddy," "the diva," and so many others I can't
mention.

No comments: