Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Versus

Here's some things looking at my current job compared to the potential job:

Current: Low pay for a lot of work
Potential: Higher pay for less of the same work.

Current: Tough commute that sees me in the office after 2 hours on mass transit.
Potential: Easier commute that sees me in the office after 90 minutes on mass transit.

Current: Supervisory role with no promised pay increase for... 2 years!!
Potential: Non-supervisory role with no promised pay increase (because I don't have the job yet).

Current: Multinational company that usually takes 1-5 days to get a response to a question.
Potential: Local company that usually takes 10-15 minutes to get a response to a question.

Current: A couple of friends there who hate their jobs and want out ASAP.
Potential: A couple of friends there who love their jobs and can't believe why people work where I do.

I'm sure there's bad things too, but right now I don't really care. The bad show up eventually. It's all just a matter of balance in the versus war....

No comments: