Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Money

I hope I don't use up a lot of good words today....

I forgot to mention the money. There's lots of "money" things right now.

To start, my pay finally got sorted out. It appears the payroll office took an entire week to enter our bank information, so we didn't get paid. I say "we," because it happened to 7 of us. 2 people did get paid and we found out later it was because their forms were put on top of the Inbox. I hate people to who start with the work on the bottom of the pile....

I've been paid again and the 20% raise comes in handy. Is it enough? No. I still have $200 a month for my commute, which is essentially eating up the entire raise. Sad.

The job I interview for today is another 25-35% increase over what I'm currently making. Um, yeah, that's good incentive.

1 comment:

Dreama said...

I suffered when I moved to YK - a few cents increase in pay, but a huge decrease in northern allowance, and a huge increase in rent/parking. So I make about $400 less, and pay about $400 more to live here...sigh...I can see my student loan debt payment slowing down...