Monday, January 28, 2008

Farewells

I left work for good on Friday. It was great to go.

I also realized earlier in the week that the last time I quit a job was just after high school. In 17 years, I've quit 2 jobs. I've been laid off, had contracts expire, and businesses close down around me. But I've only quit twice.

It's funny, but I've always been depressed starting a new job because I've either had to settle or I'm expecting the worst to happen. This new opportunity is the first in a long time where I'm excited to go and eager to start. I'll keep the week off, though.

It was odd to have people sad to see me go, as I don't usually get that from a majority of people (hehe). But in this case, I had a marathon of handshakes, and well-wishes and the big boss for our division told me if things don't work out to give him a call. I'm welcome back anytime? Me? Weird.

The saddest goodbye (for him, anyway) was my "partner" who has been driving me insane for the entire month of January. After I finished shaking hands, I turned around and he was standing there with a major pout, giving me a salute. He kind of reminded me of Radar saying goodbye to Colonel Blake in that really sad episode of MASH.

Meh.

I'm out of there and happy to flee! :)

1 comment:

Dreama said...

I remember that episode! Huge MASH fan from when it was on originally...

nice to have a good farewell send off...I have had several...makes you feel good. At my last one, they bought me a locally made teepee swag lamp. Now it's quite a momento as the artist burned up in a car wreck a few weeks ago. So sad...love my lamp.

I'm still getting calls from my old workplace...I told the new worker I would help her out, and don't mind those calls, but the receptionist has taken to bypassing the new worker and emailing me with problems...so have to curb that real quick...