Sunday, August 06, 2006

Past in the Present

Had a blast from the past today.

We took the kids to a local agricultural fair so they could see up close and personal all these farm animals they always see on TV. Yeah, the draft horses and 3,000-pound bull really opened their eyes. It was quite cute and eventually my son insisted he say goodbye to all the animals before we actually left.

While we were making our rounds through the amusement rides, I got a forceful tap on the shoulder and I admit it took me a few moments before I realized it was someone I used to work with a few years ago. I honestly thought she was one of the ones who'd never talk to me again after the rumours started spreading around the office. I'd seen her one day about a month after I left and she kind of jumped and headed off in a different direction. So, either she didn't see me, or she just doesn't care anymore.

Anyway, there she was talking to me and asking how everything was --quite surprising-- and we ended up chatting while our kids had a chance to go on some rides. She was pregnant when I'd left work.

It felt good to know that people still think of me and, better yet, think fondly of me. I get confused some days when it seems I've sent an email (just a quick "hey" message) and I get no response. I usually end up deleting those people from my contact list. But here, today, was the second person in a week to start asking me questions.

The other one was Sex Caffeine.

I haven't replied to her message though.

1 comment:

Dreama said...

I haven't forgotten about you...

so I want to hear more about SC...spill.