Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Axe.... It does fall...

Ever have to turn on a friend for the sake of others? I mentioned in my previous post that we have 2 idiots on our production project for graduation who have cost us countless hours of prep work for a project due in 5 days.

5 days!

After confronting them with the information on Wednesday, one didn't even bother coming in on Friday to continue working. All his stuff is missing and when we finally heard from him almost 3 hours after he was to arrive, he said it should all be there. So, again, 3 more wasted hours.

Yeah, I considered this guy a friend, but he's cost the rest of us too much time and too much stress. To me, that's just as bad a stab in the back as anything else.

So, I've asked him to be "fired" from our team.

That means he doesn't graduate with the rest of us. It's a tough decision to make, but in making it I lost one friend and gained 16 others.

Gonna be an interesting week.

1 comment:

Dreama said...

well that is not an easy burden to carry...but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do for the sake of others.