Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Down

I've really been down on my work as I move ever closer to graduation. I just don't feel like I've progressed at all over the past month or so. We've been given deadlines and although none of those have hit yet, it still bothers me that I'm nowhere near where I think I should be in order to finish everything up.

I have my first deadline on Friday and another one next week, on the 17th. The first deadline is to have one item for our graduation portfolio complete and we were only told this last week. Those of us who are organized have been balancing out all the aspects of our portfolio in order to finish for the 9-week deadlin were originally given (another 3 weeks away). So, at the moment, everything's stalled at 75% completion and suddenly I have a new due date. I'll have something done, but maybe this will convince the instructor that I'm no longer "fine" and maybe some feedback would be helpful at this stage of the game.

Speaking of games....

Our major major graduation project is running fairly smoothly with only minor hiccups over the past couple weeks. It's a big project (in our little world) and we're seeing interest from several companies. I've had a recurring dream where a big-wig decides to hire the entire team and I jump in and say: "Sounds great, but can I make a few suggestions?" --just in order to keep the lazier ones from riding on the success of the majority who have worked their tails off to get this project done.

I can be a bastard when I need to.

No comments: