Friday, June 16, 2006

Don't Talk to Me - Part 2

So, for an hour-plus yesterday I got to argue with one of the people on my production team. A few people had posted files in public forums for something still in the early stages of production.

That's bad.

And, sadly, it appears I had to tell people that that's bad. One of them... for over an hour.

His "justification" for posting it was that it's his work. I wouldn't have a problem if it's his, and not from our production... and not based on my written description and the original drawings of two others. His work. Good lord.

So, for an hour or so, I tell him that we'll be meeting as a group in early July (really can't wait for my two weeks off now!) and we'll discuss 'policy' behind posting in-production items on public forums. Y'know, let everyone know the "do's" and "don't's" behind leaking confidential information... yeah, I know: Any sensible adult should understand this already.

Well, "Mr. Numbnutz" decided that even though I'd managed to stave off the #1 guy from coming down hard on the people who posted their stuff. "I'll take care of it" and stop him from removing people from the project. Lesson learned for all of us. So, the plan was to discuss this as a team and see what is and what isn't hamrful to "release" about our production.

Mr. Numbnutz made that decision a whole lot easier when he questioned my memo saying "DON'T"...

No one gets to play anymore.

Between he & most of the other people on the team hounding me on MSN Messenger yesterday, I've set up a new MSN account just so I can talk to intelligent people. So, if you get added to my VIP list, feel fortunate ;)

2 comments:

Dreama said...

git, don't you know who I am? a VIP.

Dreama said...

As a long time VIP, I demand more posting. heh heh, just kidding, ya hoser.