Thursday, April 07, 2005

Tell Tale Signs

I'm a firm believer that if God wants me to move in a certain direction, then there'll be signs for me to help point me in that direction.

Last week, I was having trouble reading those signs.

Getting the "NO"s I was getting in trying to get financial support for school really told me that the signs all said: "Go a another way. This isn't the road for you."

But then, signs started to show stating that I was on the right path --and maybe it was just a little more faith that got me going in the direction I'd been facing. I know, it sounds alittle obscure and might not make much sense, but bear with me:
  1. My student loan came through in 48 hours when they usually take 4-6 weeks.
  2. I was awarded a grant that the school will sign over to me if I'm in any financial difficulty next week.
  3. I've still applied for various jobs to prove to the government that I'm not giving up the job search just to go to school, but willing to work AND go to school at the same time!
  4. This one was the big sign: I got an email from a guy wanting me to end one of my eBay auctions early and just sell it to him outright. He even offered a fairly reasonable price. He asked about picking the items up as he's (somewhat) local (lives/works in Vancouver). I told him meeting near my school was basically a halfway point for the both of us and I'd be happy to do that. He thanked me and promptly said he could throw in a few other items to make it even more worth my while... because he works for a local video game company. The same one I submitted 2 resumes to earlier this week and was one of the reasons I opted to take the art program I'm taking at school!
How's that for signs?

1 comment:

Madley said...

I always love the discussions about 'SIGNS' -- I'm one who never realizes a sign is a sign until long after it's passed and disaster has struck!

Take this horrible part-time job I was doing for this woman in Hollywood... I'm late every time I'm there, she doesn't give me enough hours (2-4 hours a week for 30 minute commute?!), she pays me 2/3s my regular rate -- and to top it off: I GOT MY CAR TOWED for $168.50 near her house PLUS a $40 ticket because SUPPOSEDLY my car's ass was sticking into someone's driveway. How's THAT one for a sign? Not to mention unless I'm doing data entry, I CAN'T STAND BEING THERE, in her house that's a paean to brittle, workaholic lonely single women who think it's okay to be that way but who speak otherwise...

I overslept and completely missed one of my days working for her. Missed it. Had a hard night... spent the night at a friends and just couldn't make it. And didn't feel like calling.

That's a SIGN. So I'll send her a note... someday soon. I just can't be a secretary for anyone anymore.

Sorry for the rant... too chicken to put it up on my own blog yet! hahaah

Congrats on school -- I'm reading your other blog too!