Thursday, April 07, 2005

All Kinds of Time

My wife & I are having our traditional argument over "time" again. I'm a night-owl and a 2:30am bed-time is not out of the question most nights. Granted, that's changing a bit with me back at school, but with Wednesday's and Thursday's free, I'm spending my late nights getting the "work" that I can't do on Monday/Tuesday & Friday/Saturday done when I have... TIME.

But you come to a day like to day where I get woken up and eat breakfast. I wait for my wife to shower (my son's abandonment issues are so bad that I have to distract him with Hot Wheels while she showers). I then shower myself and head downstairs. Last night (or this morning) I promised to come to bed a little earlier to catch up on sleep --acknowledging I could finish up the last "bit" of work on Thursday morning. It's almost 11 on Thursday morning now and I'm on the old ratchedy computer upstairs, not with my work on the computer in my office downstairs!! And my wife has gone grocery shopping while I (type and) watch my kids... and of course deal with the multitude of interruptions that comes with kids.

This afternoon, I have a few things to mail out, but instead of my usual "hour" of mail-outs, it's now going to be 2-2 1/2 hours as I'm now mailing anything US bound from Washington state. Why? 2 of 6 packages (so far anyway) sent to the US a few weeks back have been returned as empty packages, contents missing. The only commonality between the packages is the point of origin for shipping as one was headed to Colorado and the other to Florida. And I'm out $40 because these books have vanished! So, TIME to start sending them more secure, through the US postal service!!

So, let's say 2 1/2 hours for mailing, I figure another 90 minutes or so on the computer, I have to pick up my daughter from pre-school in 4 1/2 hours. That leaves me 30 minutes' more TIME this morning.

As long as I get my daughter ready for pre-school RIGHT NOW!!!

I just need more time!

No comments: